Well someway somehow we survived another weekend in the desert at Coachella. Honestly, with 100 degree temps it seemed unlikely at times… Anyone who knows me knows I am not a big nature gal; try as I might I just can’t let go of the comforts of home. But we managed to be very prepared and even look cute for pictures so that deserves a round of applause if you ask me. My favorite performances were: Lorde, DJ Snake, Future, Porter Robinson and the xx to name a few. I’ve basically been listening to Lorde’s song Greenlight on repeat for the past week so there’s that.
Some tips for future Coachella goers as my 2nd time around was much more successful than the first:
- Bring a sturdy canopy/tarps AND weigh them down/put them down when away. That desert wind is unlike anything I’ve ever seen and we watched firsthand the damage it did.
- Arrive as early as possible! We got there Thursday instead of Friday this year and it made a HUGE difference. We got one of the best spots in the whole place and that made the extra day off worth it.
- Those fans that have the water spritzers? LIFE SAVING. Buy 10 of them and thank me later.
- Portable phone batteries, bring them all. You don’t wanna camp out by a charging station in that weather, trust me!
- Watch alcohol consumption. At the risk of sounding like a mom, it’s so easy to over do it since you’re dehydrated and exhausted by default. I enjoyed the weekend completely sober and had an amazing time! Not saying that’s the way to do it but be careful ❤
Safe to say that this will probably be my last festival for a while but I’m glad I got to share with people I love 🙂
Watch my Coachella mini-movie here!