Well someway somehow we survived another weekend in the desert at Coachella. Honestly, with 100 degree temps it seemed unlikely at times… Anyone who knows me knows I am not a big nature gal; try as I might I just can’t let go of the comforts of home. But we managed to be very prepared and even look cute for pictures so that deserves a round of applause if you ask me. My favorite performances were: Lorde, DJ Snake, Future, Porter Robinson and the xx to name a few. I’ve basically been listening to Lorde’s song Greenlight on repeat for the past week so there’s that.
Some tips for future Coachella goers as my 2nd time around was much more successful than the first:
- Bring a sturdy canopy/tarps AND weigh them down/put them down when away. That desert wind is unlike anything I’ve ever seen and we watched firsthand the damage it did.
- Arrive as early as possible! We got there Thursday instead of Friday this year and it made a HUGE difference. We got one of the best spots in the whole place and that made the extra day off worth it.
- Those fans that have the water spritzers? LIFE SAVING. Buy 10 of them and thank me later.
- Portable phone batteries, bring them all. You don’t wanna camp out by a charging station in that weather, trust me!
- Watch alcohol consumption. At the risk of sounding like a mom, it’s so easy to over do it since you’re dehydrated and exhausted by default. I enjoyed the weekend completely sober and had an amazing time! Not saying that’s the way to do it but be careful ❤
Safe to say that this will probably be my last festival for a while but I’m glad I got to share with people I love 🙂
Watch my Coachella mini-movie here!
Yep, the time has come to venture forth into the desert and dance the days away! GPS is set to Indio, CA and only 9 hours stand between us and the infamous festival. Ready to be sweaty and happy along some of my dearest friends. I’m certain I will come back with an arsenal of festival pictures, can’t wait to share with y’all!
Just a little look inside of a project I recently worked on with City Scout Magazine! Blogger Libier Reynolds and PURPOSE shop owner Rachel Dee Minyard looking so fabulous it just had to be shared. I am very excited to be getting back into writing and looking forward to what my collaboration with City Scout will bring. You can read the entire piece here!
How stunning are these two?! I stayed up way past my bedtime editing these pictures because I could not get enough of them! Who knew such magic could take place in a random patch of grass in West Sac. Local florist Sammy of Bloomonade was kind enough to prepare some beautiful flowers for our shoot and they were the perfect touch. As it is becoming apparent, bohemian/feminine aesthetics are my go-to and there’s nothing like a fresh flower crown to complete that vibe.
I love working together to grow and BLOOM as a community (hehe see what I did there…) For any and all of your floral needs, Sammy is your gal! 🙂
As someone who is very vocal about my hometown pride, it makes sense that Heart would get a feature, being one of the trendiest local boutiques here in Sacramento. I love shopping of all kinds but I definitely feel a lot better when I help support a local business. This is a shot from when I was fortunate enough to work with them for their festival fashion feature. If you’re still needing the finishing touches for your Coachella outfit or just something for date night, go check them out!
Heart Boutique: 1903 Capitol Ave, Sacramento, CA 95811
Instagram for an inside look at all of their new arrivals!