Well someway somehow we survived another weekend in the desert at Coachella. Honestly, with 100 degree temps it seemed unlikely at times… Anyone who knows me knows I am not a big nature gal; try as I might I just can’t let go of the comforts of home. But we managed to be very prepared and even look cute for pictures so that deserves a round of applause if you ask me. My favorite performances were: Lorde, DJ Snake, Future, Porter Robinson and the xx to name a few. I’ve basically been listening to Lorde’s song Greenlight on repeat for the past week so there’s that.
Some tips for future Coachella goers as my 2nd time around was much more successful than the first:
- Bring a sturdy canopy/tarps AND weigh them down/put them down when away. That desert wind is unlike anything I’ve ever seen and we watched firsthand the damage it did.
- Arrive as early as possible! We got there Thursday instead of Friday this year and it made a HUGE difference. We got one of the best spots in the whole place and that made the extra day off worth it.
- Those fans that have the water spritzers? LIFE SAVING. Buy 10 of them and thank me later.
- Portable phone batteries, bring them all. You don’t wanna camp out by a charging station in that weather, trust me!
- Watch alcohol consumption. At the risk of sounding like a mom, it’s so easy to over do it since you’re dehydrated and exhausted by default. I enjoyed the weekend completely sober and had an amazing time! Not saying that’s the way to do it but be careful ❤
Safe to say that this will probably be my last festival for a while but I’m glad I got to share with people I love 🙂
Watch my Coachella mini-movie here!
Just a little look inside of a project I recently worked on with City Scout Magazine! Blogger Libier Reynolds and PURPOSE shop owner Rachel Dee Minyard looking so fabulous it just had to be shared. I am very excited to be getting back into writing and looking forward to what my collaboration with City Scout will bring. You can read the entire piece here!
How stunning are these two?! I stayed up way past my bedtime editing these pictures because I could not get enough of them! Who knew such magic could take place in a random patch of grass in West Sac. Local florist Sammy of Bloomonade was kind enough to prepare some beautiful flowers for our shoot and they were the perfect touch. As it is becoming apparent, bohemian/feminine aesthetics are my go-to and there’s nothing like a fresh flower crown to complete that vibe.
I love working together to grow and BLOOM as a community (hehe see what I did there…) For any and all of your floral needs, Sammy is your gal! 🙂
This hat has got the right idea! It’s 5 o’clock which means the weekend is upon us yet again. Looking forward to a weekend of both unwinding and continuing some birthday celebrations (because it should always be a week long celebration, in my opinion). Forecast also says 75 degrees and sunny, guess the time has come to start working on that summer tan… #TGIF
As March gets into full swing, one can feel the buzz of music lovers across California preparing for the yearly extravaganza that is Coachella. Just one month stands between us and the desert heat, dusty campgrounds and, of course, the epic performances. I teamed up with Heart Boutique here in Sacramento to have some fun while showcasing their festival fashion. All of the items pictured can be found at their shop in midtown (here for more info!)